Aside from passport, having a visa is a necessity when traveling abroad, like New Zealand ETA (NZeTA. However, applying for a visa can become complicated, especially if you do not know how to get one, and what requirements you must have. For starters, see whether you need a visa or not by checking out the information about NZeTA.
Do You Need an Electronic Travel Authority? – Visa Waiver Countries
On October 1, 2019, Australian permanent residents became mandated to apply for New Zealand ETA (NZeTA), while Australian citizens do not. The New Zealand Immigration also released a list of residential countries that must file NZeTA to enter New Zealand. Some of those countries are Germany, France, Italy, Japan, South Korea, etc.
You can apply for your New Zealand ETA (NZeTA online affordably and conveniently. This visa is valid for multiple visits for two years. Here are some tips to know.
- The visa costs NZD12 (completed online) and NZD9 for the free app.
- It can take up to 72 hours for your electronic visa to be processed and issued. Thus, you must ensure that you already issued your ETA before arriving in New Zealand.
- You must have access to your passport, and have a valid credit card and email address in applying for your NZeTA.
- You might need to pay an International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL) after your NZeTA is processed, which costs an additional NZD35.
If you are not a resident of the waiver countries, you must apply for NZeTA in advance for a New Zealand visit for up to nine months.
Exceptions for International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL)
If you qualify these types of New Zealand travelers, you don’t have to pay for IVL.
- Have a New Zealand passport
- Have a New Zealand resident visa
- Australian passport holders
- Passport-holders from the Pacific Islands
- Transit passengers arriving and then leaving from Auckland International Airport
- Have a Business Visitor Visa or APEC business travel card
Ensure that you have a validity of more than three months for your visa from your departure date from New Zealand. Check the requirements and information beforehand to avoid inconvenient turn-around at the airport.…Read More